PPC b.k.a Pay-Per-Click, is a highly popular advertising technique marketers use on the Internet. You can find them on websites, advertising networks, and especially on search engines. PPC ads are sponsored links that are typically in the form of a text ad.
These are sometimes placed close to search results, where a marketer will pays a particular amount to visitors who would click on these links or banners ads that lands them on the marketer’s web page.
PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising is all about trying to bid for the top spot or rank #1 position on search engine results and listings. Marketers do this by buying or bidding on keyword phrases that are equivalent to their products or services.
The higher the bid, the higher the spot on a search result page, and the more people will find the ad (and click on it) to go to your websites. Marketers would then only pay the bidding price every time a visitor clicks through the website.
Here are a couple of more names/ variations PPC advertising is also known under.
- Pay per placement
- Pay per performance
- Pay per ranking
- Pay per position
- Cost per click (CPC)
The following are the procedures to creating a PPC (Pay-Per-Click) Adervisment
- Setting up an account and/or deposit funds.
- Creating a keyword list.
- Choosing and creating an account with a PPC search engine.
- Bidding on a ad placement, that’s including the search result words and/or phrases.
- Writing out an ad copy.
- Setting up the ‘landing pages’ for your ads.
- Placing the advertisement in the search engine.
There are many benefits that come with PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising, making it an effective way of promoting a business ‘online’. Some of them are listed below:
- Get started immediately. PPC ads are put in to effect very quickly and can go ‘online’ within an hour after winning the bid you put in for and paying for it.
- Get specific, pre-qualified, and good quality traffic. PPC provides you with quality or a well-targeted traffic. Visitors are narrowed down to a ‘qualified people’ category that are looking for a specific products and/or services that you offer.
- Broaden your reach. PPC advertising can also assist with bringing in additional traffic to your site, aside from the natural or “organic” search engines.
- “ALWAYS” Track your investments. PPC advertising uses a tracking system that will determine exactly who comes to the website, the location there coming from, what they do once they are on your site, the time length of their stay on the site and the # of pages (including the actual pages) that they view.
Below you can find some important keys to consider when strategizing on a pay per click campaign:
Know your product.
- Take the time and do some research on the product and/or services that you have to offer (before anything else). It’s always best if you purchase and personally use the product yourself.
Set A Budget and Stick with It
- Figure out a comfortable a daily or monthly budget; and stick with it. That means keeping a close watch on your budget, and avoid bidding wars if possible.
Bid just right.
- Make sure you develop some bidding strategies. Knowing how to bid can keep you at that top spot. Keep in mind, bidding too high can take all of your money, while bidding too low can make you lose that top spot.
Watch the bottom line.
- Measure your profit margin verses your spending or expenses. Be discipline and know when to stop and terminate your PPC campaign. Don’t make the mistake of spending more on ad, when only have little to no sales at all.
Research the right keywords.
- Research and decide which keywords or key phrases to add in and bid for. Try some keyword research (Try using Keysearch), either by actually looking at existing search terms or with the use of online keyword suggestion tools (Google Keywords), to know which terms are mostly used when searching for topics that are equivalent to your business. Really focus on specific keywords, and not just on the general ones.
Write Effective ads
A great PPC ad is one that can persuade and move a searcher.
Here are several ways you can approach this:
- Discount offers
- Celebrity/famous endorsers
- Money-back guarantees
- Free trials or sample offers
- Reverse psychology
- Major benefits (“Lose weight”)
- Direct instructions (“Click here”)
Create & Maintain a professional looking site.
- Your sites content should be regularly updated and checked for spelling and grammar errors (Highly recommend using a Spell Checker app or software) . Check for broken links or images. Your website should be simple. Designed in a way that it will be easy for visitors/ consumers to navigate through your site. Also include your contact details to create a good impression among potential customers.
Please Like, Comment and Share This Blog, Thank You!